Wednesday

Hello world!

This is my first post here and in this blog I will try to post more about modeling and optimization methods. The name of the blog is scary for me at least, I don't know exactly why I chose that name. Many people like to have interesting and sophisticated names and many times especially if you are in graduate school you will be hear such names which will scares you off, 

 
BUT don't worry everything here is about simplification. I am a visual person or at least I consider myself a visual person and I am trying absorb concepts by visualizing and it works many times because almost everything we have are in 3D world (not really!). However sometimes, usually in optimization world things are in more than three dimensions while visualizing again can help us to understand the problem. 
I have a little question for you, what is your impression from picture above?! Yes, you are right, its a ghost, a baby ghost!!
Actually, its just a picture of a cute baby, nothing more!! which turned to black and white and focused by a red circle! Many times we see things like that, even a simple problem, or a very lovely baby! In my opinion sometimes its good to be like that and I think its because of our imagination. Imagination is infinite (that's impressive for me that we can't count it)  and as Einstein said: Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.” 
Anyways, by giving the picture I just tried to show you that sometimes fancy names are scaring us, like the title of this blog with courier font which is very nerdy, while if we just try to see the concept there is nothing scary over there.

Other thing I would like to mention in my first post is mistakes that might happen when I will try to explain something or algorithm. I am in Civil and Environmental Engineering and I will try my best to have perfect posts, meanwhile if you are in OR or CS or anyways see some mistakes and errors, I would be more than happy to correct them and learn more from you, so just leave a comment and we can work on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment